Creamy Vegetarian Tofu
Filipino Foodie | On 15, Dec 2011
|Creamy Vegetarian Tofu|
- 1/2 lb (250g) Tofu, sliced & shallow fried (shallow fry separately)
- 1/2 lb (250g) potatoes, sliced & shallow fried (shallow fry separately)
- 2 medium carrots sliced & shallow fried (shallow fry separately)
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1.5 cups of coconut milk (fresh)
- Salt & Pepper
- heat oil in a frying pan and saute garlic & onions
- add the tomatoes and saute for 1 min
- add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 min
- add the tofu, potatoes & carrots in the coconut mixture & simmer until the juice thickens
- season with salt & pepper (to taste)
- serve with rice
to get fresh coconut milk buy fresh finely grated coconut from your local market
pour 1 cup of warm water over it in a bowl and let sit for 10 min.
Squeeze the grated coconut then separate the liquid.
Texture should be slightly thick and milky white.